Monday, May 17, 2010

We don't live on Bread alone

Yesterday was by far one of the most rewarding days of my life. We had the opportunity to serve the poorest Haitian people in there local church. (a canopy hung over some dirt) We arrived early and had a little extra time. Therefore, we walked and silently prayed through the neighborhood. Before I knew it I had about 20-30 kids following me say “Hey You” (That is there way for saying hi).

The next thing I knew I was teaching the kids the YMCA, Hockey Pokey, Macarena, red light/green light. ALL the kids were laughing, smiling and having a great time! To top that I got to serve them food after all that fun!!!

The Lord is so amazing! I am so blessed the lord allowed me to communicate with the children not with words (as they speak Corel and I speak English) but through the power of the LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST! I PRAISE GOD I was the one he choose to bring JOY and Peace to those children (some with less the a month to live) even if only for a few hours.

Suzanne Nguyen (California)

2 comments:

  1. I agree, very powerful experience to participate in feeding the La Saline people... just wondering about the comment about some children who have less than a month to live --??? please explain... is that a projection due to lack of food??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nancy, pastor rigaud was explaining that many of the children are so malnourished (as evidenced by discoloration of their hair) and that if they only eat mudpies and no other nourishment that they would only have a month or so to live. -amy

    ReplyDelete